Finally passed candidacy so I now have time to update stuff again
Figured I'd do this Questionnaire that's been floating around DA.
- How long have you been on DeviantArt
I just turned 9 on DA I believe. I joined in the summer before my freshman year of high school because my friends were moving here from Gaia online.
- What does your username mean?
My username was going to be AmethystHeart but it was taken at the time and the reverse of that is to use "blank of blank". My friends all had similar username schemes: TsunamiSilvers and SapphireSoul. Amethyst is my favorite gemstone. And it's just become my internet name.
- Describe yourself in three words.
Quirky, scientific, plain.
- Are you left or right handed?
Right-handed, though once I tried to become ambidextrous.
- What was you first deviation?
This really crummy quality piece of Sailor Mini Earth. I have no idea why it ended up compressed so much but hey, I had just gotten on the site
- What if you favorite type of art to create?
My favorite art to create is any kind of art that involves drawing characters with intricate outfits. I'm a sucker for good character design.
- If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
Written Word. I admit, I'd probably rather be a writer in the long run than be an illustrator. My brain always has story ideas. If I could, I'd also love to make comics (ah, far off dreams).
- What was your first favorite?
This piece by my then best friend in high school. She got me into using markers originally.
- What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
Currently, anything Sailor Moon related because I belong to the most groups, but back when DDs were displayed at the bottom, I favourited DDs everyday.
- Who is you all-time favourite deviant artist?
I've been in love with cartoongirl7
's gallery since I started and she still makes really lovely anime-style artwork both digitally and traditionally.
- If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
- How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
I have to say sakkysa
has impacted my life to most significantly. If I hadn't wandered into her livestream back in 2010, I might not have joined the otaku senshi community, and never met many, many people in that group. I wouldn't have met my con friends, or improved my artwork so much through OSI. And the best part is, she's remained a truly significant friend in my life since then. <3
- What are you preferred tools to create art?
I really love my markers, but I also just love sketching a lot.
- What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
At my desk, surrounded by my materials. Nothing makes me more creative than having access to so many sources of tools for my art, whether it be writing, cosplay or traditional art.
- What is your favourite DeviantArt memory.
Participating in OSI in 2010-2011. I gained so much experience from challenging myself in each round and from the other competitors. I feel privileged to have participated at the same time as great artists like SLMGregory
. It really pushed my art beyond where it was stuck since high school.